Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Howdy

Hi, I'm Brian.

Just to start, this is my first personal blog. I tried to blog about technology (the programming language Perl) once, but quickly ran out of material. It didn't last long!

I don't know what I'll be talking about here. Probably about Catholic links and podcasts I have found, along with my thoughts about being Catholic (I'm a convert) and the Catholic Church.

You'll notice that my blog is "Island Catholic". I live on Whidbey Island and attend St. Hubert Catholic Church in Langley, Washington. It is pretty small parish in a small community.

I'm also a husband and a dad. I've got 2 boys, ages 4 and 6.

My wife (Patricia) and I are involved in our church with the High School Youth Group, Junior High Youth Group and Confirmation. Patricia will be leading the JHYG and Confirmation, if we have confirmation again this year.

I'm a programmer, so I love high tech. I'm looking at getting my wife hooked up with all of Google's tools for managing communications with the groups. We used Yahoo! Groups for Confirmation this year, with limited success. Google has more tools and seem to be better integrated. The only downside is that some of them are blocked for me at work.

That's it for now...


Brian

1 comment:

ELA said...

Hi Brian,
Back in 2004 I converted to Catholicism and a year or so later I started to blog under the title Island Catholic using the same blogspot address which you now have. After a couple of year's blogging and a few hundred posts I set it aside and deleted the blog with all the postings. However, some people have expressed great interest in the material which was presented on that site and so I would like to revive the blog and re-post all the info which was once on the blogsite.
I see that you haven't gone too far with blogging on this site so I wonder if you'd like to help a fellow "Island Catholic" blogger get re-connected with his blogging roots. If you ever decide to give up this blogspot address please let me know so I can get working on this project. By the way, my island is the province of Newfoundland in Canada. You can Google it for more info.
Dominus vobiscum.
Eric Alcock